Summer Truffles and Shrimp Risotto
1 oz Summer truffle
1 lb shrimp
3 cups chopped asparagus
4-6 Cup chicken or seafood stock
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
1-2 cloves chopped garlic
1 ½ cups Arborio Rice
½ cup Dry White Wine
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken or seafood stock to a low simmer.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat and add onion. Cook the onion until soft, sea son with salt and pepper. Add the rice, stir to coat, and cook 1-2 mins.
- Pour in the wine and stir, allowing the liquid to absorb (1-2 mins). Slowly add the chicken/seafood broth, a ladle full at a time, making sure each addition is fully before adding the next. Stir frequently until the rice has plumped and is creamy (20-25 mins) may not use all broth.
- While risotto is soaking up liquid, crisp up prosciutto in a sauté pan and roughly chop into pieces.
- Break off rough ends of asparagus and cut into one inch sections. Heat a sauté pan with 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and roast, turning occasionally, until asparagus softens.
- Turn Risotto to low heat and stir in asparagus along with Parmesan cheese. If needed add more salt and pepper.
- In the asparagus sauté pan add 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil. Over medium heat add chopped garlic and sauté till fragrant. Add shrimp to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp till pink then flip over. Keep mixing to coat garlic over shrimp.
- In a serving bowl ladle out asparagus risotto. Place shrimp on top and grate summer truffle over each plate. Sprinkle chopped prosciutto over dish.